Join us Friday, March 23rd from 9 am to 5 pm at the Traverse Area Association of REALTORS® (852 South Garfield Avenue, Traverse City) for Political Candidate Training by national consultant Alastair Macaulay. Alastair has 23 years of candidate, initiative, and grassroots campaign experience designing and executing strategic communications programs for political caucuses in several states across the country - earning national recognition and awards. This training session is for anyone who has ever considered running for public office providing a good, basic understanding of what it takes to run for political office and a well-rounded overview of the topics to consider before making the leap. Participation in this training DOES NOT guarantee an endorsement by the Traverse Area Association of REALTORS®, Michigan REALTORS®, or the National Association of REALTORS®. Some Candidate interviews will be conducted locally and at a state-level in the summer and fall of 2018. Topics covered in this training include:
- Assessing whether you possess the basic traits necessary to run for office
- Relaying in 30 seconds why you are running for office
- Describing the elements necessary for developing a campaign plan and begin the planning process
- Discuss research needs based on your target audience and their budget estimates
- Based on your individual campaign's strengths, plan for the fundraising methods that can prove most effective and lucrative
- Determine the best methods for contacting your constituents, based on voter demographics and budget
- Analyze the electronic campaign options available and determine which, if any, will prove most effective for your outreach
- Assess the multiple avenues to approach a GOTV plan and determine which elements would be useful to their campaign planning
Lunch is provided for all attendees thanks to support provided by Traverse Repro and Copy Central as well as a full booklet entitled "Your Competitive Edge: How to Run and Win a Campaign." For more information contact Connor Miller, TAAR Communications & Marketing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 231-947-2050.
Attendance is FREE for any REALTOR® or TAAR Affiliate Members and FREE for any Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce Members or FUSE Young Professionals.
This event is sponsored by Traverse Area Association of REALTORS®, Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce, and FUSE Young Professionals. Presentation given by Cornerstone Solutions with support provided by the National Association of REALTORS®
< Back to Calendar